Friday, December 08, 2006

Hidden favorites

The Japanese American Internment Memorial in DC is probably my favorite memorial of all I have seen in the DC area. It is very simple and elegant and I find it particularly beautiful.

The statue of the two swans entangled in barbed wire I find very poetic and moving.

Here is a blog post about about the US recognition and attempt at apology including some of Ronald Reagan's remarks from when he signed the bill to pay restitution to those affected by this terrible part of our country's history.

This picture is of a couple of restaurants hidden back in the alley behind the building where I work.

In the place on the right there is this tiny little shop owned and worked by this cute old Asian couple that get so excited to see you every time you walk in the door. They have the best chicken bacon wrap that I get every time I go there.

This is actually a group picture at Buffalo Billiards for Trow's birthday. I tried using my cameras night scene mode which is apparently an extended exposure mode; kind of neat. I'll have to try using this one for it's intended purposes some day.

If you'd like more information about the Japanese American Internment Memorial AOL City Guide has a pretty good write up on it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home